- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
At Instabase, we’re passionate about building software to advance the state of the art in computing. We’ve built a fearlessly experimental, customer-obsessed team who are making discoveries to fundamentally change how people build and consume business applications.
Today, we’re partnering with the world’s leading companies to transform how they use data and technology. If these challenges excite you, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Customer Success Team is responsible for the customer experience, product utility and custom solution development on the Instabase platform. Working closely with our customers on their hardest problems, we ensure they get the most out of our platform and applications. This includes everything from developing and deploying end-to-end solutions to providing in-depth technical support to delivering education and training programs and helpful documentation.
As a Technical Writer, you’ll be responsible for creating useful content for our community of developers both inside and outside the company. Our documentation is essential to the developer experience, and we care deeply about usability and productivity. We’re seeking someone with a strong technical foundation, astute writing ability, user empathy and a sense of curiosity to understand the product.
What you’ll do
- Lead documentation programs and initiatives, owning content creation and driving standards, guidelines and best practices for Engineering
- Partner with Engineering, Product and Customer teams to create overall system and user documentation for the Instabase platform, product features and APIs
- Organize documentation, make it easily discoverable and maintainable
- Collaborate intently, exercising user empathy and user advocacy
- Produce technically accurate and well-written documentation, conducting regular technical reviews to ensure quality and accuracy
- Research new and complex product features and dig into source code to collect technical details for documentation as needed
- 4+ years technical writing experience in the software industry
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey highly-technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Experience writing technical documentation from scratch
- Experience organizing technical documentation, making it accessible to end users
- Strong critical reading, writing and editing fundamentals
- Familiarity with APIs, distributed systems and modern cloud infrastructure
- Independent and self-driven with the ability to prioritize, multitask and own projects from end-to-end
Instabase is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other unlawful factor. Instabase complies with local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.