- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced administrative professional in our San Francisco office. Our Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to our Marketing Senior Leadership Team (1:3 ratio). This role also involves heavy collaboration with the company-wide EA team including Dublin and London. Reporting to our Associate Manager, Executive Assistant, this role focuses on administrative support, project management and supporting backend operations.
What will I be doing?
The core responsibilities of this role are outlined below:
This is a dynamic role for which there will never be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, especially as the role grows and evolves - both with the company and as a result of individual growth within the role. That said, the following things will often be on your to-do list:
- Owning strategic projects to help support the business needs of the team by collaborating with directors and leaders
- Administrative support including calendar management involving high-volume/complexity, frequent re-prioritization of meetings and the ability to strategically prioritize access to your executive
- Booking flights and hotels, coordinating details so that the VP and Sr Directors are always prepared during trips
- Owning the planning for key project deliverables and deadlines for your Leader and designing and pivoting their world to accurately and realistically allow them to meet relevant deadlines (eg: performance reviews, talent management processes, compensation planning, work anniversaries etc)
- Effectively supporting and driving solutions, with inbox management for your Leaders’, ensuring that they are on top of all communications and outstanding major and minor work is reflected in their priorities and “to do” and they have capacity to address
- Helping project manage major/cross-functional tasks and projects
- Striving to deeply understand your Leaders’ “first” the team’s goals, and working with them to ensure that their time is organized accordingly. Make recommendations for relevant key initiatives the exec could undertake to ensure their team’s achieve their goals eg: Meeting rhythms and cadences, what stakeholders should be met with when/ included, what blockers exist to the goals (eg: other company milestones) etc
- Thoroughly researching and concisely reporting on anything from immigration procedures, to a competitive product, to conferences, to event space (etc.) with quick turnaround
- Miscellaneous tasks, occasionally these will be personal in nature
- This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
What skills do I need?
This role is the right fit if you’re obsessively organised, but with a creative, problem-solving edge. You seek information beyond what is plainly presented to you, with an aim to understand your Leaders’ goals and actively find ways to be helpful in executing these goals. You should be enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can, and do whatever it takes to ensure progress, while being friendly, collaborative and approachable.
You should also have:
- You have 5+ years experience in a strategically administrative role supporting a VP or C-Level executive in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- High bar for professionalism and confidentiality
- Superb organizational skills and a knack for noticing and remembering details
- Excellent research skills, ability to research anything effectively online
- Familiarity with Gmail, Google calendar, Google Drive, mobile software & apps
- Ability to calmly deal with ambiguity and ambiguous situations
Bonus Skills & Attributes
- A strong interest in technology and some experience in this area
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.