- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced administrative professional in a high visibility role in our San Francisco office. Our Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to our CEO. This role also involves heavy collaboration with the company-wide EA team including Dublin and London. Reporting to our Associate Manager, Executive Assistant, this role focuses on administrative support, external event coordination, project management and supporting backend operations.
What will I be doing?
The core responsibilities of this role are outlined below:
- Analyze and work to deeply understand the CEO’s goals, and protect her time accordingly.
- Manage an active calendar, coordinate internal and external meetings, prepare agendas, take notes and track follow up action items.
- Communicate directly, on behalf of the CEO and executive team, with investors, board members, external partners and internal stakeholders, often with discretion and confidentiality.
- Prioritize conflicting requests and needs and handle matters proactively, swiftly and to completion while meeting deadlines.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with our EA team to ensure large scale meetings and processes are executed seamlessly.
- Manage the coordination and logistics of the CEO’s board and executive-level searches
- Assist the Chief of Staff with ad hoc projects as needed, including the coordination of Exec team offsites, board meetings and other leadership team activities
- Arrange complex and detailed domestic and international travel plans and itineraries. You will also coordinate agendas and compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Manage and track T&E expenses
- Stay in the loop. Intercom is, and strives to be, always ahead of the curve. Learn about current industry trends, and keep yourself up-to-date on news, and notable figures and companies, such that you can better understand how to help the CEO.
- Provide operational support for the CEO’s initiatives. You will be the difference between new ideas and projects being realized, or put off. Work with the CEO and others inside and outside of the company to make sure important moves are made.
What skills do I need?
- You have 5+ years experience in a strategically administrative role supporting a C-Level executive in a fast-paced work environment
- You’re ambitious, self-motivated, always keen to learn and improve
- You’re able to initiate complex, high-level, multi-phase tasks and see them through to completion with minimal assistance
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
- You have a high bar for professionalism, and confidentiality with the ability to exercise good judgment and discretion
- You’ve provided administrative and logistical support for senior leadership and executives
- You’re extremely organized, with a knack for noticing and remembering details and attentive to details
- You’re enthusiastic and eager to help wherever you can
- You’re an expert with Gmail, Google calendar, Google tools, MS Office
- You’re fluent with the internet and internet culture, able to research anything effectively online
- You’re a daily user of mobile software & apps
- You’re able to travel abroad occasionally
- This is a full-time position. You must be available and willing to occasionally work and answer e-mails outside of office hours, including weekends, when required.
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + WFH stipend + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.