- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Research, Analytics & Data Science (RAD) team at Intercom use data and insights to drive evidence based decision-making. We’re a team of data scientists and product researchers who use data to unlock actionable insights about our customers, our products and our business.
We’re hiring our first Analytics Engineer to partner with RAD and help to build out and evolve our data warehouse. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to dramatically simplify and improve the way people interact with data at Intercom - ultimately improving the speed and accuracy of decision making throughout the business.
If you’re excited about dealing with complex systems, get energized in dynamic situations and want to work with people that are passionate about their craft, we’d love to talk to you.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be the primary contributor responsible for evolving and maintaining our core data warehouse within R&D. Building long term and robust solutions to surface critical data
- You’ll collaborate with Data Scientists to understand the business problem and translate into data structures that empower research and analytic questions
- You’ll work closely with Engineering to ensure our upstream product model changes integrate well with our data warehouse models
- You’ll collaborate with Data Scientists on building out data products that serve the business
- You’ll partner with our Data Group to evolve the tooling we use
What skills do I need?
- At least 3+ years of experience in a similar role analyzing large scale data, using both SQL and Python, in a professional setting
- Experience building and maintaining data warehouses
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools like Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI
- Highly autonomous, have a great sense of what should be worked on next and know how to break big ambiguous problems into small workable chunks
- Strong communication skills and a focus on driving impact
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.