- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 20, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Intercom is seeking a Manager, Sales Analytics & Insights with a proven track record of developing and delivering advanced analytics and decision making. This position comes with a charter to build and grow a lean but efficient Sales Analytics team.
In this role, you will be driving the development and tracking of critical KPIs needed to support our fast growing sales team. Your work will drive performance improvement, contribute to strategic and operational planning, and provide insights and recommendations that will support key decisions at various levels of the Sales function. This position has high-visibility and will be expected to present to company leadership on key initiatives.
You will collaborate closely with the Finance team to build best-in-class data assets and processes to drive investments. You will also partner with Sales Strategy & Operations and Business Systems to own, improve, and maintain all sales data infrastructure, including compensation, metrics, and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
What will I be doing?
- Collaborate closely with functional leaders to understand their needs, prioritize projects, use the best statistical methods to analyze data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations and communicate findings to key stakeholders.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist in metric definition and right KPIs to measure performance and plan for future.
- Own and track corporate and functional metrics for Sales, including the market opportunity (e.g. the whitespace), funnel dynamics, conversion rates, sales production, pricing/discounts, and key account growth.
- Collaborate with our Sales Operations and Business Systems teams to improve data collection/acquisition processes and build tools to make data access, extraction, and analysis more efficient.
- Build and grow relationships with internal teams to proactively identify business needs and address them using data-backed approaches.
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years Analytics or Business Intelligence experience supporting Sales or Marketing organizations; high growth B2B SaaS experience highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Excel, and industry leading CRM systems, and have built/managed dashboard suites in tools like Tableau or Looker.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects, competing priorities, and an evolving roadmap. Project management experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and proven ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Team player who understands the collaborative nature of this work with the ability to influence at C-suite level in a cross-functional environment.
Bonus skills & attributes
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field - Operational Research, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related fields
- Experience with Statistical inference and ML algorithms preferred
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.