- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Business Intelligence
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support products, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity?
Business Systems is the organisation that will enable us to operate to the standards of a high-performing, high-growth, IPO-ready company.
The organisation is well-positioned to drive real impact in supporting our Go To Market teams - to establish one source of truth for all of our important metrics, to create seamless user experiences, to set us up to do business the way our customers demand, to coordinate on changes we make in one system for its impact to others, to set Intercom up to scale, and so much more.
As the Senior Business Systems (Marketing systems) is responsible for our Marketing, Sales and Account Based Marketing Systems, You’ll enable the team to successfully deliver solutions that allow us to scale how we inbound, outbound and market for Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Architect & design solutions & processes using products and technologies like SFDC, Marketo, DemandBase, Outreach, etc.
- Own and conduct system design sessions and align to operations processes
- Become an expert of the marketing and business application stack
- Build and lead Intercom’s email deliverability program to monitor and optimize email campaigns to improve their inbox placement and reputation
- Manage system administration responsibilities for systems falling under the revenue org umbrella (i.e., Marketo, Outreach, Highspot, DemandBase etc.)
- Identify time-consuming internal processes and assist in building reliable and scalable solutions to automate them
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Support change management (release) process to implement new as well as update existing applications.
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Marketing, Product Engineering and Sales Ops to deliver innovative solutions.
- Manage vendors and build relationships while prioritizing system issues, bugs, new features, enhancements, and roadmap
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders, colleagues, and vendors while maintaining urgency to solve both everyday and complex system issues
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in marketing & CRM tools, eg Marketo and Salesforce
- Strong experience gathering requirements and documentation
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with 3rd party tools such as Segment, Clearbit, LeanData, DemandBase, Outreach etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams
- Strong executive presence with effective presentation skills and the ability to influence without authority
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to solve complex technical issues and develop thoughtful solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, pivot quickly to new demands and priorities while driving a high sense of urgency
- Must possess strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple functional/technical teams
- Clear, concise technical writing skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm in startup culture and learning fast!
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!