- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Location: San Francisco
At Intercom, Analytics & Data Science teammates partner with every function in the organization in order to help teams make data-informed decisions and take data-informed actions. We’re highly quantitative individuals who love to turn data into insights and communicate our findings fearlessly, and we’re looking for people with a similar mindset who are constantly curious, driven to understand our business better, and committed to creating value.
In this role, you will partner with go-to-market teams across Intercom (including Marketing, BizOps, Finance, Growth R&D, and Sales) to measure new initiatives, make data-driven recommendations around go-to-market strategy, and help identify areas to leverage automation. In addition to being experienced analytically, we’re looking for someone who can proactively surface recommendations and insights, and who can work across the analytics and data stack in order to solve problems. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
To give you a sense of some specific projects you might work on, here are a few of our recent workstreams: understanding how users respond to new pricing & packaging, understanding and modeling drivers of expansion, analyzing the customer signup experience, measuring the performance of paid advertising campaigns, prioritizing the leads our sales team should reach out to, building attribution models, and many more.
What will I be doing?
- Evaluating the performance of our go-to-market strategies and initiatives by analyzing customer funnels and metrics (new business, attribution, retention, CAC, LTV, churn, etc.)
- Partnering with the Marketing team at Intercom to help them better understand their functional areas through use of our data
- Building data science models to accelerate the business by providing deeper insights into prospect and customer behaviors
- Creating dashboards that allow internal consumers to gain insight into the performance of their functional areas
- Transforming data from data warehouse tables into data artifacts to power analyses and dashboards for company-wide use
- Monitoring the state of the business on a regular basis and generating data-driven hypotheses and action items in order drive business impact
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of work experience in analytics/data science role OR 1+ years of work experience in analytics/data science role and advanced degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, or related quantitative field
- A proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analyses/recommendations in order to drive business impact
- Experience working in a technology business and understanding SaaS business models and key metrics
- Some experience building data science models to provide deeper insights, and putting them in production
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and comfort working with high-level stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Excellent SQL skills for querying, fluency with BI/visualization tools for reporting, and expert knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with R/Python for statistical analysis a plus
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- Motivation to continue learning as a data scientist, contributing fresh ideas, and helping establish best practices
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!