- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Research, Analytics & Data Science (RAD!) team at Intercom use data and insights to drive evidence based decision-making. We’re a team of data scientists and product researchers who use data — both big and small — to unlock actionable insights about our customers, our products and our business. We generate insights that build customer empathy, drive product strategy and shape products that deliver real value to our customers. Intercom uses formative research to identify what problems our customers have and design research to ensure solutions are intuitive and easy to use. Research is involved at every stage of the process; from understanding problems, the evaluation of concepts to the monitoring of solutions post-launch.
Collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, Analysts, Biz Ops, Marketing and Engineers to define research problems and then execute research studies to solve them. It’s your job to own and drive research projects from start to finish. You will also provide mentoring and support to other team members and help evolve the research capability to meet Intercom’s changing needs.
What will I be doing?
In this role you will:
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide partner teams with meaningful and actionable insights.
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys and everything in between.
- Communicate research insights and recommendations across Intercom, to inform road maps and guide our strategy.
- Empower Product teams and others in the organization by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer.
- Champion research at Intercom, help evolve the discipline and build the tools and processes that will enable us to scale our growing business.
- Write about, present, and share what they have learned, both internally and with the wider community via our blog, books, and events
What skills do I need?
Ideal candidates have the following:
- Experience working with product leadership to move research initiatives forward. An ability to champion research to help the business grow
- Experience in delivering meaningful impact to customers and the business
- Experience delivering impact at a strategy level through the impact of multiple projects
- The ability to articulate the learnings and consequences of the research insights you provide.
- Experience in conducting complex, multiphase research and executing mixed method research studies
- An understanding of the Jobs to Be Done framework is preferred.
- A passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.