- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Research, Analytics & Data Science (RAD) team at Intercom use data and insights to drive evidence based decision-making. We’re a team of data scientists and product researchers who use data — both big and small — to unlock actionable insights about our customers, our products and our business. We generate insights that build customer empathy, drive product strategy and shape products that deliver real value to our customers. If you get really excited about asking the right questions, exploring patterns in data and surfacing actionable insights that drive strategic decisions, then this role is for you.
Data Scientists in RAD partner with teams across R&D to help Intercom make sense of our users, our products and our business, using metrics and data. This role will enable you to drive key data projects that directly impact our customers and millions of end users who communicate via our messaging platform daily.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll partner with product teams to help them identify important questions and answer those questions with data
- You’ll work closely with product managers, designers and engineers to develop key product success metrics, to set targets, to measure results and outcomes, and to size opportunities
- You’ll design, build and update end-to-end data pipelines, working closely with stakeholders to drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources and tables.
- You’ll partner closely with product researchers to build a holistic understanding of our customers, our products and our business.
- You’ll influence our product roadmap and product strategy through experimentation, exploratory analysis and quantitative research
- You’ll build and automate actionable models and dashboards
- You’ll craft data stories and share your findings and recommendations across R&D and the broader company
- You’ll drive and shape core RAD foundations and help us improve how the RAD org operates
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years experience working with data to solve problems and drive evidence-based decisions
- Excellent SQL skills and good knowledge of statistics
- Proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis and insights that drives tangible impact with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (technical and non-technical) and a focus on driving impact
- Strong growth mindset and sense of ownership. Innate passion and curiosity
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience with a scientific computing language (such as R or Python)
- Experience with BI/Visualization tools like Tableau, Superset and Looker
- Experience with data modeling and ETL pipelines
- Experience working with product teams
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Employer matched pension contribution
- Company bonus programme
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.