- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Research, Analytics & Data Science (RAD!) team at Intercom exists to build, enable and share a deep holistic understanding of our customers, their needs, and their product behaviours, using research and data science.
As a team of data scientists and product researchers, our mission is to drive effective evidence-based decisions through research and data science. We use data — both big and small — to unlock actionable insights about our customers, our products and our business. Our holistic understanding of our customers, their needs and their product behaviours is ingrained and used across the whole company to drive tangible improvements for our customers.
Team RAD works on the most impactful initiatives that meaningfully move the needle for our products, customers and business. It’s your job to own and drive research projects from start to finish and drive impact by combining quant and qual data in compelling ways.
What will I be doing?
In this role you will:
- Play a key part in the product development process by helping the team to understand the opportunities, contexts, audience and experiences.
- Experiment with processes, methodologies and ways of working to provide product teams with critical insights as quickly as possible.
- Define a good problem & process fit. Never settle for ‘nice to know’ questions and instead push to learn the ‘critical to know’ questions.
- Be a strategic and trusted partner to leaders and teams across Intercom whilst empowering and challenging our partners to think differently.
- Thoughtfully explore new ways to combine quantitative and qualitative methods to drive impact. Be creative about how to recruit the specifics that our customers are looking for.
- Hold 1:1 interviews and sessions with customers and communicate work with creativity and conviction.
- Focus on priorities that either drive tangible decisions for the business or help our team and our foundations scale.
- Collaborating with PM’s, Designers, R&D team, Biz Ops, and Marketing to define research problems and work on solutions.
- Communicate the meaning and consequence of insights in a succinct and engaging way that ensures all involved are aware of the research approach, objective
What skills do I need?
Ideal Candidates Have The Following
- 4 years + working as a user experience researcher on digital products.
- Experience driving research by identifying and acting on opportunities to improve how we work.
- Expertise in conducting end-to-end user research studies; planning, recruitment, execution, analysis and delivery.
- An in-depth understanding of the product areas you work on and the key dynamics of the competitive space.
- Experience offering ideas or opinions on roadmap planning in order to deliver meaningful impact to customers and the business.
- An expert’s understanding of rigour and methodological validity in research and how to get the most out of a project with tight constraints.
- Experience leading by driving debate, calling out inconsistencies and contributing ideas and energy to problems that a team are facing.
- The ability to articulate the learnings and consequences of the research insights you provide.
- An understanding of the Jobs to Be Done framework is preferred.
- A passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Employer matched pension contribution
- Company bonus programme
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.