- Date Posted
- Dec. 7, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Research, Analytics & Data Science (RAD!) team at Intercom exists to build, enable and share a deep holistic understanding of our customers, their needs, and their product behaviours, using research and data science.
As a team of Product Researchers and Data Scientists, our mission is to drive effective evidence-based decisions through research and data science. We use data — both big and small — to unlock actionable insights about our customers, our products and our business. Our holistic understanding of our customers, their needs and their product behaviours is ingrained and used across the whole company to drive tangible improvements for our customers.
Team RAD work on the most impactful initiatives that meaningfully move the needle for our products, our customers and business. As a Principal Researcher, it’s your job to lead and drive research projects from start to finish and drive impact by combining quant and qual data in compelling ways.
What will I be doing?
In this role you will:
- Lead the identification and definition of opportunities for research to drive Intercom programs forward. Define valuable, impactful research studies from ambiguous and uncertain starting points.
- Define an end-to-end strategy for research projects that define how research insights will have a broad impact. Make large, complex studies easy to understand.
- Expert level of knowledge and experience working with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and data analysis.
- Run multi-phase and mixed method research with different data sources.
- Drive impact throughout the research team through peer support, knowledge sharing and stakeholder influencing.
- Align multiple teams, key stakeholders and R+D leadership around outcomes Research are fighting for.
- Craft a clear narrative to gain buy-in and inspire others. Set clear context and framing, share thinking, rational, and enthusiasm when communicating.
- Share insights with the outside world through Intercom events, external conferences and blogs.
What skills do I need?
Ideal candidates have the following:
- 5 - 8 years working as a user experience researcher on digital products.
- Experience building trusted partner relationships at both group and company leadership level
- An expert level of understanding of the product landscape and the key dynamics of the competitive space.
- Experience leading and driving ideas, in order to deliver meaningful impact to customers and the business.
- Ability to drive research strategy and research programmes at a company leadership level.
- Experience leading complex, multiphase research and executing mixed method research studies.
- The ability to articulate the learnings and consequences of the research insights to leadership teams.
- A passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work
- Employer matched pension contribution
- Company bonus programme
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.