- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re currently remote but once our offices reopen later in the year, this role will be partially WFH and partially in our office in San Francisco.
The Intercom Brand Studio is looking for an experienced creative designer who can push the brand forward with fresh ideas across our web channels. Reporting to the Interactive Brand Design Manager, you’ll work closely with Designers, Producers, Writers, and Engineers to improve and maintain a flexible, cohesive, and componentized web system between Figma and React.
This web focused role sits inside and collaborates primarily with the Brand studio, our San Francisco-based team which works on projects that span digital, print, environmental, physical goods, and everything in between. We believe our best work is ahead of us (through collaboration with you!).
The team has spent the last couple years building a scalable web system, and now we’re ready to take more risks and push things creatively. The ideal candidate has the right balance of technical know-how to submit Jira tickets and brand weird-how to push boundaries and create a best in class marketing experience.
What will I be doing?
- Construct meaningful layout narratives through ideation, wireframing, and prototyping
- Bring concepts to hifi through detail oriented design, storyboarding, utilizing the brand system, gathering feedback, and collaborating with motion designers or engineers
- Maintain, challenge, and iterate on our web component system
- Push for innovative brand work that delights our customers and meets company objectives
- Consistently QA and submit tickets
- Push the brand forward with fresh ideas across immersive experiences
- Collaborate with the copywriters, researchers, art and creative directors
- Get a little weird. And then get weirder. Then tone it down a little. Sheesh, this is a job! Okay, better. Just the right amount of weird.
What skills do I need?
- 4-6 years of design experience, 2 of those years designing for web/digital
- Ability to confidently scope and produce a landing page from concept to pixel-perfect execution
- Core graphic design abilities include the ability to craft a story as well as have the production level know-how to cut and deliver assets
- Detail-oriented, strategic and systems-level thinking
- Clear, honest, and respectful communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
- Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law