- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Intercom’s Growth group accelerates Intercom’s revenue growth by building world class product experiences that help us drive revenue growth.
The Intercom website helps people discover, understand and choose to evaluate Intercom. It is not only the most important, publicly facing pillar of our brand, but sits at the top of the marketing funnel that feeds our go-to-market growth engine.
The Frontend Engineer we’d like to hire next will help build new product experiences, especially in the acquisition, and onboarding/activation stage of the customer journey.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll be given full ownership to drive and execute new product experiences.
- Work in a cross functional team with design, product and engineering.
- Participate in QA and design reviews, and ensure that the product meets the bar.
- Be involved in the full software lifecycle, by contributing in design meetings, providing feedback, collaborating with other engineers to execute a project, and deploying it in production.
- Collaborating with our stakeholders in Product, Marketing and Sales.
- Creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportiveteam culture focused on fast, focused, high impact execution.
What skills do I need?
- Experience in building navigation elements and parallax scrolling.
Great understanding of UI/UX
- Ability to build multi-platform (Mobile, Web Mobile, Web), cross browser components that adapt to different screen sizes.
- Passion for engineering excellence, clean coding and SOLID principles.
- Ability to assess performance through metrics, and suggest improvements.
Working at Intercom
Our culture is open, friendly, and inclusive - and this is something we are proud of. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and simple in everything we do. We want to help people grow and do the best work of their career and we want everybody to work with co-workers who value kindness, optimism, and positivity.
We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow, and we take bets on high potential people on rapid trajectories. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run less software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology like machine learning in a pragmatic way.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.