- Date Posted
- Nov. 23, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
- The R&D Finance Lead will be responsible for supporting the Company’s quarterly close and reporting activities, including variance analysis and forecasting, the annual Budget and Long-Range Plan activities, assist with financial aspects of contract negotiations and any other
- Ad-hoc financial / economic analysis in support of both our Product and Engineering teams.
The position will interact with all levels of management within the organization and is a hands-on position that will be directly responsible for maintenance of cost models to track and forecast R&D expenses, and time / project allocation. The analysis supports strategic product development and technology investment decisions to help shape the future of Intercom.
The individual must have the ability to work independently and as an effective and engaged team member in a fast-paced environment. Strong initiative and follow through are essential for this job. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and professionalism are required.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, long-range planning and expense tracking, including headcount reporting and forecasting
- Contribute reports for the consolidation of the monthly and quarterly reporting packages, and for the presentations to the Executive Team and Board of Directors; participate in the presentation and explanation of quarterly financial results to Executive Team members
- Work closely with the Accounting team and ensure the complete, accurate and timely processing of R&D tax credit submissions, capitalization of internal use software, and IDA grant tracking
- Participate in corporate initiatives and provide recommendations to improve finance-related processes and frameworks throughout the organization
- Identify and measure key performance indicators and collaborate with business partners to increase / improve financial performance
- Provide financial modeling and ad-hoc analysis to measure the impact of strategic decisions on financial projections or compare options
- Support the improvement of financial systems and processes to increase productivity, accuracy and insights
What skills do I need?
- 8+ years experience in FP&A, preferably in software and SAAS companies
- Excel / Google Sheet mastery, ability to build highly structured, dynamic models
- Self-starter, ability to function largely independently
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.