- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Intercom is looking for a Pricing Manager to help scale our Monetization team. This team leads pricing and packaging efforts across all of Intercom’s products and services. You will take the lead on complex projects, incorporating customer insights, company strategy, quantitative analysis, and stakeholder management. You will collaborate with leaders from product, marketing, sales, and finance to lead research, develop recommendations, run experiments, and launch new products - ultimately helping Intercom continue to grow.
This position is highly visible, cross-functional, and strategic, and you will be in the driver’s seat for one of the most impactful roles in the business. This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact at a high-growth, late-stage company headed for IPO!
What will I be doing?
Lead Pricing and Packaging projects for new products and services, as well as refine existing pricing models through experimentation, customer research, and collaboration with sales teams.
- Operationalize and improve the product launch and monetization process, in collaboration with Product Marketing, Business Operations, and Product.
- Identify opportunities for new pricing, packaging and bundling strategies that will contribute to our strategic goals and revenue growth.
- Drive competitive pricing analysis, pricing research, and other relevant analyses to inform pricing recommendations
- Develop standardized, repeatable monetization KPIs, and work with analytics to create dashboards and reports to uncover key trends, performance, issues, behaviors, and metrics
- Propose experiments and research projects to optimize our monetization strategy
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience; MBA preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in developing pricing and packaging, marketing SaaS products, management consulting or related field
- Excellent organization and project management skills, able to demonstrate experience working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and multiple, competing priorities.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking, with demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Able to effectively communicate and influence across all levels: within the team, to cross-functional partners, leadership, and executives.
- Strong research abilities, with experience performing customer segmentation, price elasticity analysis, competitive intelligence, and ROI analysis.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience with pricing experiments like Van Westendorp, Gabor-Granger, and conjoint analysis.
- Familiarity with quantitative tools such SQL, Excel, R, and Tableau
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
Paid Parental Leave Program
In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.