- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will have the highly impactful role of helping develop a world-class accounting organization. You will collaborate on various areas within the accounting function (Month-end close, financial reporting, internal controls, etc.) and be able to work with the support of the Revenue, Finance, IT, and Legal teams.
We are seeking a driven, open-minded, and technically strong individual who is passionate about accounting operations and driving process improvements. This role requires excellent communication skills, strong knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP, and the ability to work with various cross-functional teams.
What will I be doing?
- Assist in day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies and external audits.
- Collaborate with external accounting functions to drive the monthly close process, including maintenance of the general ledger by reviewing journal entries, reconciliations and performing variance analysis.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility, including adoption of technical accounting guidance.
- Assist with quarterly technical accounting matters such as internal use software and upcoming technical pronouncements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on monthly close matters and various initiatives that impact the accounting organization.
- Work on process optimization and automation efforts to improve efficiency and effectiveness of our monthly close process and of our internal and external reporting requirements.
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA a strong plus.
- Minimum of 3 years in either public accounting and/or industry.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and leverage technology to build scalable processes, gain efficiencies, streamline accounting operations and improve outcomes.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with a host of accounting software suites (NetSuite, Bill.com, FloQast, Expensify, Workday) a huge plus.
- Ability to conduct accounting research and analyze the impact of new accounting guidance and summarize results accurately and independently.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy.
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!