- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
- FP&A team at Intercom works closely with the business and other key strategic areas to provide business insights, support and influence decision making. We help the business drive profitable growth by proactively driving strategic analysis on trends as well as risks and opportunities, clearly communicating the impact of leadership decisions on profitability and value.This is a great time to join the FP&A team because on our tenth year anniversary we are building the processes, systems and strategies to support the next 10 years of responsible business growth. Our goal is to become one of the best FP&A teams in the Tech Industry, if you are ambitious and like big challenges this is a great opportunity for you.
- As the Senior Director of Corporate FP&A you will play a critical role in helping drive the growth and success of the company. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Corporate FP&A leader, who is passionate about building great processes, systems and relationships to help report, monitor and enable business performance. We are looking for a hands-on yet strategic leader with strong communication skills and high capacity to build relationships with key stakeholders across Finance and the leadership team.
What will I be doing?
- Own Financial Planning, budgeting and forecasting processes collaborating with Stakeholders across the company
- Assure high quality of corporate financials consolidation working across FP&A and strategically engaging with the business
- Strive to improve forecasting accuracy across all our P&L and Cash Flow collaborating with other FP&A teams, Accounting, and the business
- Identify business trends, risks and opportunities within the revenue and expense operating plan
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reporting for the Executive Team
- Contribute with cross-functional teams to meet our monthly close timeline and internal controls
- Drive financial Board of Directors deck preparation
- Oversee the creation of operational/financial models, as well as development of measurement process to monitor business performance
- Build, manage, and develop a high-performing Corporate FP&A team
- Build strong and effective relationships within finance and the business
- Drive the development, deployment, and monitoring of KPIs tied to strategic goals, as well as evaluation of team performance against these metrics
- Become a trusted advisor for the VP FP&A and our CFO
What skills do I need?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field of study
- 15+ years of experience in senior finance leadership roles partnering with officers and executives
- Deep subject matter expertise in corporate FP&A with experience working in tech public companies
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as ability to collaborate, guide, and interact professionally with a wide range of personnel at various levels within the organization to drive sound business decisions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to simplify complexity and have great attention to details
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and manage individuals
- Track record of building, leading, and inspiring high-performing teams
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience leading Corporate FP&A in SaaS companies
- Knowledge of NetSuite and Adaptive Insights preferred
- Experience communicating and presenting to investors and investor relations is preferred
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.