- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the Opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Finance Professional to lead and build our Strategic Finance team. This is a rare opportunity to build a growing team from the ground level and drive analyses for some of the most exciting initiatives we are undertaking at Intercom. In this role, you will partner closely with senior leadership on business priorities that will have a critical impact on our company’s near and long-term success.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Finance, the Strategic Finance Lead is a key member of Intercom’s Finance team. This leader will drive strategic business partnership with Finance and executive leaders, which requires strong analytical rigor, the ability to consider the big picture, and excellent communication skills. You must have experience building collaborative relationships with people across a variety of backgrounds.
This role will require a strong understanding of Intercom’s strategic priorities across customer and use case segments. This is a highly visible role within the Finance team and requires someone who is a strong leader and communicator. The ideal candidate will possess deep tactical FP&A experience with at least 3 years of being a key contributor on a Strategic Finance team.
What You Will Do
- Lead cross-functional work to evaluate financial impact of the company’s near- and long- term strategic initiatives and collaborate with broader FP&A team and Finance functions to incorporate into financial plans
- Own the development of financial models for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning related to strategic initiatives including new ⁸product development and launches, product pricing, partnerships and other new revenue opportunities
- Serve as end-to-end Finance project manager for all strategy-led projects from reviewing project brief to modeling research findings and helping form strategic recommendations
- Collaborate with business teams across the organization, including Product, Product Marketing, Sales, Growth, Marketing, etc. on a variety of strategic projects
- Assist in preparation of board of director and investor relations materials
- 7+ years in Strategic Finance / FP&A / Investment Banking / Corporate Development / Data Analytics
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics preferred
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often
- Changing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills; analyses to be presented to senior management
- Highly organized and comfortable managing multiple workstreams at once
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies preferred
- Systems – prior experience with financial planning tools (such as Adaptive analytics) and SQL are required
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.