- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Compensation Analyst is a key member of the Total Rewards team that helps ensure that we can attract and retain great talent. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Compensation, this role will provide support in a wide range of compensation-related matters such as new hire offer reviews, development of compensation programs, reward and recognition programs, benchmarking and survey analysis, validation of Workday HRIS compensation data, employee compensation training, and more! If you’re a seasoned Compensation Analyst with a drive to learn and a passion for helping colleagues while solving complex compensation issues, this could be the role for you! This role will be based out of our Dublin office while supporting our global workforce.
What will I be doing?
- Support semi-annual (and ad-hoc) compensation benchmarking to ensure that our compensation ranges are market competitive and align to our overall compensation strategy
- Validate/review compensation structures in Workday to help ensure accuracy and support scaling as we build out additional compensation mechanics
- Provide support on job matching and market pricing newly created roles that are created during review cycle or to address a new business need
- Provide first tier Compensation support and consolidate questions/issues from our EMEA business partners
- Design and build out reporting metrics/dashboards to help inform business decisions and support data gathering for our compensation programs
- Assists in the development and validation of job descriptions
- May partner with People Operations, Recruiting, Talent Development, and HR Business partners on ad-hoc projects and data requests
- Support other compensation projects as needed
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years experience in the Compensation field and Bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited university is required. Experience working for a fast-growing, global tech company is preferred
- Strong understanding of compensation fundamentals including job evaluation, market pricing, equity mechanics, bonus/incentive plan design, comp structures, pay ranges, and compensation survey reporting
- Experience working in compensation modules of an HRIS system (Workday strongly preferred)
- Strong Excel/spreadsheet skills and the ability to efficiently manipulate data to solve complex problems
- Strong business insight and judgement, team orientation, and collaborative style
- Flexibility to work the overlap ‘golden hours’ shared by Dublin and San Francisco
Bonus skills & attributes
- A strong innate curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Experience in sales plan design, equity, benefits, and bonus programs are a plus
- Experience working in Salesforce, Xactly, Callidus, SAP, or other sales performance tracking systems is a plus
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.