- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Senior People Operations Associate is a key member of the People Operations team in helping support a great employee lifecycle experience for our US-based employees while delivering operational excellence. Reporting to the Associate Manager, People Operations, the Senior People Operations Associate will play an integral role in developing efficiency throughout the employee lifecycle from hiring and onboarding, to development and offboarding. The ideal candidate has a rare combination of exceptional customer service and a passion for working with people, processes, and systems.
What will I be doing?
- Manage the US onboarding and offboarding processes in support of best in class employee lifecycle experience as well as answer any relevant questions
- Partner closely with the People Operations team to proactively identify opportunities for improvement to help the People Ops team scale
- Work on cross-functional People Operations projects of moderate scope taking into account both operational efficiencies and employee experience throughout employee lifecycle (this includes onboarding, offboarding, and internal mobility, etc.)
- Assess the People team’s operational needs and work with appropriate stakeholders to ensure policies and procedures are up to date and relevant based on findings
- Manage Intercom’s Consultant and Contractor Management Program and continuously look for ways to improve it
- Oversee systems quality control and internal audits (such as SOC2/ISO). Partner with Finance, Legal, Security and Recruiting Operations teams to understand requirements and lead the annual SOC2/ISO People team deliverables
- Support US benefits and leaves as well as immigration/relocation cases as needed
- Provide administrative support for the monthly US payroll and process global Employee Referral bonuses
- Provide employee data reports to internal and external partner teams
- Provides guidance to Coordinator(s) on the team and helps them solve issues
- Other projects, as needed in the People Operations space
What skills do I need?
- Minimum of 3+ years experience in a Human Resources/People Operations function, preferably in a tech start-up environment
- You have a successful track record of supporting HR processes, employee lifecycle, personnel management, and change management
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities and adapt to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude - self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and self-directed environment
- Comfortable with technical systems and software, experience with Workday is required
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgment, and discretion in your decision-making
- Knowledge of US HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices (highly desired)
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent from an accredited university is highly desired
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.