- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The role of Team-IT at Intercom is to offer outstanding IT experience by providing efficient and productive support in our San Francisco, Chicago, London, and Dublin offices. We directly support Audio & Video conferencing systems, troubleshoot and resolve issues with hardware, software, and third-party tools. We manage all user access and provisioning while maintaining and strengthening a robust infrastructure to reinforce and build better efficiency. We also manage a complex stack of applications and their integrations while practising heavy awareness and care for security.
We have a very cohesive team that is consistently raising the bar for IT excellence in our industry. We always step up and make the most out of opportunities to better IT needs of Intercom. Now is the time ,more than ever, to make sure our employees and Intercom are well taken care of and happy with their tech needs.
What will I be doing?
At Intercom, you will be working with a team and be the frontrunner for all end-user support. You will be in charge of account provisioning and de provisioning, onboarding and offboarding, and maintaining the stack of applications and their integrations contained within our environment. You will be working heavily in the JAMF, Okta, G Suite, Intune, GitHub, and 2FA environmments, coming up with ideas on management and organization within them, and their basic troubleshooting. You will be coming up with and documenting processes for how we work and supporting our end-users. You will also be contributing to the maturity process of the team as a whole while managing your work projects. We are expecting impactful work from a motivated individual, that wants the best for oneself and one’s team.
What skills do I need?
- College level degree in the relevant field or experience to make up for lack thereof.
- You love helping people and working with a team.
- Ability to solve hardware and software problems while also implementing/documenting ways or processes to avoid them in the future.
- Experience with Audio/Video and Video Conference systems across our offices. This includes technologies like Google Hangouts and hardware like TVs, projectors, speakers, microphones, cameras, etc. and assist employees in getting the most out of them.
- Experience in hosting productivity and communications applications (GSuite, for example) and the ability to train and help employees on their use. Also experience in the implementation, management, and use of SSO, 2FA, and MDM technology (Okta, Duo, JAMF, etc...) in an enterprise environment.
- Lastly, you must possess a wonderful passion for what you do, eager to learn and improve, and excited about technology and the future of the Internet and IT. With the ambition to be part of the best IT team in the industry.
Bonus skills & attributes
- Relevant certifications (Casper/JAMF certs, A+, Network+, Okta Admin, AWS certs, etc…)
- Cloud-heavy infrastructure experience
- Buildout experience
- GitHub knowledge
- Automation w/ Okta Workflows, BetterCloud, etc…
- Scripting knowledge
- Slack admin knowledge
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.