- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Business Applications
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support products, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity?
Business Systems is the organisation that will enable us to operate to the standards of a high-performing, high-growth, IPO-ready company.
The organisation is well-positioned to drive real impact in supporting our Go To Market teams - to establish one source of truth for all of our important metrics, to create seamless user experiences, to set us up to do business the way our customers demand, to coordinate on changes we make in one system for its impact to others, to set Intercom up to scale, and so much more.
As the Salesforce Engineer you will be responsible for creating custom solutions to automate the most complex of processes in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a people-person who has a very strong passion in building highly scalable, effective, user-experience driven solutions. We are looking for a talented and energetic Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of the Salesforce development platform, API integrations, Financial Applications and general web application development.
What will I be doing?
- You have a strong understanding of workflow, process builder and flows
- Experience with CI/CD and deployment techniques in Salesforce
- Experience with Security Model in Salesforce
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture, including integration technologies, single sign on
- Design the framework for Salesforce developer best practices at Intercom. You will establish what good looks like for others to follow.
- Using Salesforce APIs, partner with cross-functional teams to implement and maintain our Quote to Cash integrations in order to bring automation and optimization to our Sales and Marketing teams.
- Manage Salesforce engineering projects throughout the entire Salesforce.com development life cycle (including technical design, coding, testing, deployment, documentation and support)
- Perform independent code reviews and certify code developed by self and other team members on the project
- Follow Salesforce development best practices and guidelines in implementing solutions and test classes, without creating technical debt and maintaining security in the application
- Develop custom applications and perform testing using Salesforce Apex and Visualforce.
- Write tests, analyze, and implements high-quality code according to specifications
- Partner with Business Systems Analysts to understand business requirements in order to build solutions that meet the needs of a scaling business.
What skills do I need?
- 5+ Years of Salesforce development platform, Apex programming language, and Visualforce (experience with Lightning will be a strong plus)
- Proficient with at least a one other common language, preferably Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, or Node
- Experience with financial systems (Zuora, Netsuite) is a plus
- Familiarity with the following: Salesforce Developer Console / Workbench / API Tooling (REST preferred), Visual Workflow, and other development tools
- Understanding of CI/CD Tools (SalesforceDX,Gearset etc.) a plus
- Experience with integrating 3rd-party APIs with the Salesforce platform
- Understanding of Salesforce test framework, test-driven development (TDD), and iterative development
- Familiar with Salesforce Administration: configuration, standard data model, security, and automations such as validation rules, workflows, and process flows
- Thorough understanding of the constraints of Salesforce platform, particularly with regards to governor limits and best practices in delivering business requirements in the context of those constraints
- Salesforce Developer I certification (formerly 401DEV) preferred
- Enthusiasm in startup culture and learning fast!
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch and dinner served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!