- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As Intercom’s first dedicated Legal Program Manager, you’ll be an integral and valued addition to Intercom’s growing Legal Team. This role will report to our Senior Counsel and support verticals across the Legal Team with a focus on project management and executive support for our leads. You will support and partner with our legal team and our internal clients throughout the organization to help us scale our legal risk and compliance processes. We are looking for an extremely organized detail-oriented team player who will develop and effectuate policies, processes, and initiatives that focus on streamlining the legal service at Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Program managing legal compliance initiatives
- Partnering with Privacy and Product Counsel and Security technical program managers to build and maintain Legal Compliance risk register
- Reviewing and automating existing processes and design new processes to improve operational efficiency in support of legal and privacy compliance
- Assisting with due diligence and privacy reviews of vendors
- Managing legal tools and contract management processes
- Supporting Privacy Counsel with data protection impact assessments and data subject access requests
- Learning and administering our applications and processes, including our internal legal request intake and triage
- Generally keeping us organized! This may include creating training content and presenting it, migrating files between applications, and designing new processes and procedures
- Quickly learning Legal stakeholder applications and processes to complete cross functional tasks
- Learning new subject areas quickly to understand the context of assigned tasks
What skills do I need?
- Minimum 4 years paralegal or equivalent experience and relevant experience supporting a multinational SaaS company legal team in an in-house paralegal or legal operations function
- A proven ability to learn complex concepts and systems quickly.
- Familiarity with commonly used tools in SaaS companies and in-house legal teams, including G-Suite, productivity apps like Slack, Jira, GitHub, and Trello, contract management tools, and generally comfortable with technology
- Creative and collaborative problem solving and ability to innovate and initiate efficiencies
- An ability to multi-task which includes handling a variety of legal issues simultaneously
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once, and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Attention to detail, a sense of passion to support Intercom’s compliance initiatives and the versatility and confidence to take on challenges that are presented to you
Bonus skills & attributes
- Past experience and/or subject matter expertise with trademark, patent filing and administration, and due diligence a bonus
- Interest in Open Source licensing practices
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!