- Date Posted
- Oct. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As the Help Center Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of new help center articles and maintenance of current articles. You’ll be a new addition to the Customer Support Operations team and play a key partnership role with PM’s and PMMs. In our efforts toward efficiency, self-service, and proactive support this role will play a key part in Intercom’s mission of Conversational Support. Our Help Centre content is more than FAQs and ‘how-to’ articles. Our customers depend on us for best-practice and motivational content to get better at their jobs, too. To help you create this, you’ll not only garner an intimate understanding of our product functionality, but of our customers’ Job to be done, too.
What will I be doing?
- You will be the bridge between Marketing, Customer Support and Engineering.
- You will be the voice of the customer.
- Own and write new articles in preparation for launches and create new articles based on customer needs.
- Own and drive updates to existing articles, maintaining the most up-to-date information.
- Manage the information architecture and structure of the Help Center.
- Work closely and build great working relationships with Product Managers & Product Marketing Managers, ensuring that content is ready for key launches.
- Use the What We Built Doc to ask questions and create content.
- Work autonomously, identifying which articles and launches need to be prioritized first.
- You have a deep understanding of customers and can format content in the easiest way for them to digest in an article.
- Drive initiatives toward self service and Proactive Support.
- Work closely with the Customer Support team on customer feedback.
- Partner with and support other members of the CS Operations team.
What skills do I need?
- Deep understanding of the Intercom product and how customers use it.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Confidence in timeline management and expectation setting.
- Perfect adoption of “Intercom Tone + Voice.”
- Ability to work autonomously and in consistent gray areas.
- Ability to context switch and accommodate last minute requests.
Bonus skills & attributes
Previous experience in content creation and/or Help Center management.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.