- Date Posted
- Aug. 24, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Workplace Experience team focuses on enhancing Intercom’s employee experience and culture by creating high performance environments that nurture excellence, growth and fun. As our Workplace Experience Associate, you’ll be helping Intercom create new and meaningful workplace experiences as we reopen our offices and welcome Intercomrades back to our spaces.
This WE Associate role is the local WE representative in our Chicago office, as well being the driver of and contributor to our global Workplace programs, which include Facilities, Security, Food, Events, Sustainability, Wellbeing, Visitor Experience & Customer Service.
As a member of the Workplace Experience team, this role will work closely with global peers in the other Intercom offices to share experiences and brainstorm new ideas to ensure consistency of brand and culture.
What will I be doing?
- Serve as the local liaison to our employees, conveying a “get-it-done” attitude of intelligent service, tracking and responding to Intercomrade queries and requests.
- Own the condition of your local office at all times, making sure it is always tidy, professional, presentable, clutter-free.
- Set the tone for the office. Oversee the guest experience and ensure a consistent, personal and friendly experience for anyone coming into the office.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure office services are always delivered to the highest standards.
- Maintain security by following procedures, directing visitors, issuing and deactivating employee, vendor and visitor badges.
- Act as WE team point-of-contact for new hires in Dublin and any visiting employees.
- Be an expert in How We Work.
- Support the ramp-up and execution of in-office services as the office moves through the phases of return. Eg. food, wellbeing, events
- Oversee the WE team portfolio of programs, as assigned. Implement processes to keep the team on track, monitoring progress and feedback back to the wider People Org.
- Health & Safety: Ensure the office is compliant with all H&S regulations. Organising First Aid & Fire Warden Training for Intercom staff. Working with building management in relation to health and safety issues, such as fire drills.
What skills do I need?
- Experience developing a thoughtful office experience in an ever-changing, fast-paced, start-up environment and able to still deliver against commitments.
- A strong sense of design and space efficiencies
- Consistent track record of delivering engaging events, ideally in a workplace environment
- Highly ambitious, personable, resourceful and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative work style required
- Experience with Google Suite, Slack and/or other common technology
- Takes initiative and goes beyond established framework; looks for new ideas and creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with the appropriate discretion
- Facility, Event & Vendor management experience
Bonus skills & attributes
- Passionate about people - genuinely care about creating spaces where people love to work. Love to be part of a team. Experienced in building and maintaining relationships across functions and levels.
- A multitasker - able to prioritise and manage multiple projects and work well under pressure. Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
- Positive, make-it-happen attitude. Quick to pivot to meet changing needs. Thrive in an environment where needs and priorities can change unexpectedly.
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with a talent for spotting what needs to be done and doing it.
- A strong communicator - both written and verbal
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.