- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much mor
What’s the opportunity?
Intercom is on a mission to make Internet business more personal. Our mobile SDKs are used by thousands of customers to reach millions of people, and they’re core to our strategy. They bring the power of Intercom’s Messenger, Articles, and outbound messaging capabilities to our customers’ mobile apps.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about this mission and the craft of Product Management, who wants to grow in their career and work with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers, and Researchers.
The product you’ll help to build and shape touches millions of users in the business messaging space every single day. Your job will be to help bring our vision to life, defining our direction to help businesses deliver better support and drive customer engagement, all while making the experience feel more fun, connected, and personal.
This role is best suited for someone with some experience in mobile app/SDK products and is looking for the support they need to really become an expert in the mobile domain as well as the broader Product Management craft.
What will I be doing?
- You’ll deliver product that reflects a uniquely Intercom perspective on how to achieve it
- You’ll manage the roadmap: capture work from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- You’ll deeply know the problems that you’re tackling through research and regular interaction with customers; define and frame those problems for the team
- You’ll collaborate with your team in thinking big, to imagining future solutions that solve these problems
- You’ll scope these solutions to their smallest coherent state to ship to customers as early as you can
- You’ll constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures, both in betas and after full release.
- You’ll own and maintain the quality of the product areas your team are responsible for; deliver world-class software in every release.
- You’ll motivate a group of committed, smart people to do the best work of their careers.
- You’ll collaborate with your team, as well as other Product Managers in the Messenger & Mobile Group, to explore problems, share learnings, and influence our overall strategy.
- You’ll grow in your career, with dedicated time and support every week to think about how to achieve your goals and get actionable feedback on your work.
What skills do I need?
- Multiple years experience as a Product Manager, with a proven track record of shipping impactful product.
- You’ll have at least a year of experience of releasing mobile products and features.
- Ideally you have a strong design background, as it’s essential you’re able to think deeply about product design decisions and have an understanding of how to create simple user interfaces.
- You can clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them. You’re comfortable making decisions without consensus. You can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- You have deep experience working with both qualitative customer insights, and quantitative customer data to inform decisions. You’ve conducted user research, a/b tests and have worked closely with design researchers and analysts. You’re comfortable using the right approach to navigate ambiguity.
- You’re entrepreneurial; you don’t need direction; you’re self driven.
- You’re organised, not ad hoc.
- You’re able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
Bonus skills & attributes
If you’ve worked on software development kits (SDKs - your product’s tools embedded in your customers’ apps) before, particularly for Android and/or iOS, that’s great. If you haven’t, don’t worry — we’ll help you build your understanding and skills there.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.