- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 1, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Our company’s website is the number one driver of leads for our demand generation team, the centerpiece of our brand, and the public source of truth about Intercom’s products.
Intercom’s marketing team is looking for a Product Manager to lead our web conversion team. This person should be well versed in growth and optimisation best practices, obsessive about measuring and improving web performance, a strong capacity to partner with demand gen, design, engineering & analytics to deliver holistic best in class performant web experiences and and proven record in delivering conversion rate improvements that impact the bottom line.
This role will lead our web conversion team, a cross functional (Engineers, Designers, Analyst & PM) sub-team within our broader web team. Your focus will be to own the growth & conversion strategies for web & deliver initiatives that drive business performance.
What will I be doing?
- Ownership of our web conversion strategy, setting the path for how we optimise our website to deliver highly performant customer journeys
- Lead a cross functional web conversion team of designers, engineers & analysts.
- Manage the roadmap: effectively prioritize opportunities from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritise this work so your team is always working on the most impactful projects
- Execute the roadmap, delivering projects & managing scope to drive growth in our top-of-funnel web experience
- Running and leading our A/B test efforts oriented at driving learning and revenue growth, while sharing applied learnings with the broader team
- Analyzing user behavior and conversion data to translate into recommendations and optimizations throughout the site.
- Partner tightly with Demand Gen team to deliver best in class performant customer journeys across inbound, outbound and partnerships
- Partner with our Core web marketing & web platform teams and jointly take ownership for our website as a single coherent product
- Effectively work with design (brand & UX), bring a strong design sensibility and customer focus to our work
- Effectively work with with engineering, have deep familiarity with web tech stacks & building scalable engineering solutions
- Effectively work with analysts, be Data driven, make decisions through analysis and consideration of impact.
- What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Be comfortable with ambiguity. We’re in it to learn and execute to the best of our ability through data.
- Do what’s right for the customer. We pride ourselves in putting the customer first. Starting there will put you on a path to success.
- Experience in growth & optimisation strategies . Bringing a holistic, systematic approach to how we drive growth.
- Think holistically. A website is more than just landing pages, it’s a sum of its parts. Consider how all of the pieces fit together for Intercom and the user.
- Data driven. This is more than just a cliché here at Intercom. We make decisions after thorough analysis and consideration of impact.
- Curiosity. Some of the best projects and impacts we have all start with following through on “why” and “what if.”
- Be you. We welcome diversity in all facets and know that we all learn and grow by bringing the right pieces together.
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years of experience in web product management / digital Marketing
- Strong project management abilities and prioritization skills
- Track record of strong business impact through conversion strategies & execution
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with using a Content Management System
- Experience using Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Omniture, Amplitude, Tableau, JIRA
- Strong ability to prioritize; you’ll manage multiple projects with competing deadline and priorities within the organization
- Proven experience managing a team to KPIs; you’ll be on the hook for a significant pipeline number
- Familiarity with best of breed marketing technology, including a strong understanding of analytics tools (GA or Heap), content management systems (preferably Contentful), Marketo, Salesforce, and testing tools (Optimizely
- Past experience working with SaaS product solutions
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.