- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for a Program Manager to join the Program Management team in San Francisco. This team figures out how to deliver and successfully execute on our company strategy. You’ll partner with leadership to define and bring to life complex, large-scale programs across all teams and orgs at Intercom to deliver on our highest strategic priorities.
What will I be doing?
- Partner with company leadership to define programs that bring our company strategy to life
- Put durable structures in place to set these complex, highly visible, cross-functional programs up for success
- Partner with execs, directors, managers and individuals across R&D, sales, marketing and other cross-functional orgs to drive the successful execution of Intercom’s highest priority company goals
- Identify and track key program milestones, ensuring progress and accountability - work with leadership stakeholders to keep programs moving and on track
- Understand and communicate program status, issues, dependencies and risks to executives and other program stakeholders
- Proactively identify program risks, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Facilitate decision-making by identifying key stakeholders and surfacing the information needed to make critical decisions
- Set best practices when it comes to how we work, and be able to communicate it clearly across all disciplines
What skills do I need?
- You have 5+ years of experience in either product, marketing, design, agency or web, driving large, complex, cross-functional, multi-location programs or projects (preferably within the technology sector)
- You have a strong business sense and can quickly understand risks/opportunities that will likely lead to a good outcome
- You have a strong understanding of end-to-end software development, in terms of product and go-to-market
- You have an infectious, positive but realistic, solution-focussed attitude with the grit & determination to get stuff done and bring others along with you
- You have strong facilitation and stakeholder management skills and are comfortable and excited to work side-by-side with execs and company leaders
- You’re an excellent self-starter with a track record of seamless execution on complex programs or projects with minimal guidance
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch served every weekday, plus a variety of breakfast foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.