- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 14, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
What’s the opportunity?
Our company websites sit at the intersection of demand, awareness, and product marketing. They are the number one driver of leads for our demand generation team, the centerpiece of our brand, and the public source of truth about Intercom’s products.
We are looking for an engineering leader to help us evolve our websites to the next level. This person should be well versed in web technology, obsessive about measuring results, a strong design intuition and proven ability to execute.
This role will lead three sub-teams including web demand gen, core production, and web platform development. You will manage a diverse set of engineers, from creative focused front end to infrastructure focused backend. Together, you and your team will partner with the Director of Website and a set of stakeholders from across marketing to execute against strategic objectives relevant to our broader marketing and core website strategies.
What will I be doing?
- Building out the engineering team, ensuring it has the capacity and capabilities to execute.
- Recruiting engineers, engaging with agencies and contracting partners where appropriate.
- Leading our website technical strategy, proactively investing in our website technologies.
- Partnering with product marketing, demand gen and beyond to enable them achieve key objectives.
- Organizing, prioritizing and sequencing work across core marketing, demand gen and website platform.
- Line-managing engineers with diverse levels of experience, geographic location and skill-set.
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years in an Engineering Management position, with line management of 5+ engineers.
- Prior experience working in a website team that has uplevelled a SaaS website.
- Strong relationship building skills, with a particular empathy for marketing.
- Ability to execute fast to deliver business outcomes.
- With Marketing vendors such as contentful, Marketo, Salesforce, Optimizely, Heap etc.
- Strong website development fundamentals e.g. HTML/CSS, React or similar.