- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
We’re looking for a creative, experienced product marketer to join the team that’s marketing our support solution. Here's the hiring manager, Orinna, to tell you more:
Why this role?
Autonomy: You will craft messaging and guide product positioning to communicate the incredible value of our support offering to the market.
Collaboration: You’ll work closely with product management, business operations and sales to help inform future product roadmaps based on the competitive landscape, customer needs, and industry trends.
Impact: This is a cross-functional and high-impact role. You’ll be shaping a key focus area for our business!
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Product Marketing manager, you will:
- Craft positioning of our support solution, both externally for support teams and internally for our sales teams
- Influence our product strategy and roadmap in partnership with the product team, based on market research, competitor intelligence, and customer feedback
- Develop effective messaging by focusing on our support customers’ pain points and needs
- Lead product launches in collaboration with the entire marketing team and broader go-to-market teams
- Drive demand and adoption of our support solution through campaign activities in collaboration with the wider marketing team
What skills do I need?
- 6-8 years of B2B product marketing experience, ideally in the software space
- You’ve owned positioning and messaging for a solution, product, or line of products
- Proven track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to lead projects with a high level of autonomy, ambition, and a growth mindset
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to manage complex, cross-functional projects
- Experience partnering with marketing and sales teams to take products to market
- Passionate about understanding customers and learning more through research
- Understanding of data and how to use data to make informed decisions
- You are genuinely excited by software products and can talk very comfortably about how they work
We know that imposter syndrome will affect around 70% of us across our lifetimes, and that the confidence gap is a very real obstacle to finding incredible candidates. Don’t let either stop you from applying for this role today.
At Intercom, we want to enable you to do the best work of your career. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, tell us!
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid parental leave program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- There are six incredible employee resource groups (ERGs) at Intercom, led by Intercomrades committed to fostering community and making Intercom a more inclusive place for all
One last note from our DEI Program Manager, Genevieve:
At Intercom, we want to build a long-lasting, special company – creating a team of people who are different in many ways plays a big part in helping us bring the richness of life to the everyday Intercom experience. We are a diverse bunch and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people to Intercom. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.