- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 17, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the challenge?
The People Development team is looking to hire a Senior Program Manager to drive our global new hire Onboarding Program and Manager Curriculum (0-18 months). This will build on the exciting program we’ve built and implemented over the past year and will offer a great opportunity for somebody seeking the challenge to continuously improve and level up on two of our most important learning programs.
The work will include design, build, delivery and evaluation oversight as well as stakeholder and vendor relationship management. Project management will also be essential in shipping these great programs and ensuring a consistently excellent experience. This is a global role based in our San Francisco office.
What will I be doing?
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of People Development and partner within the People team and across the business, to understand ongoing needs and strive for continuous improvement and upgrades in onboarding program effectiveness
- Partner and support organization leaders to implement innovative training and onboarding solutions (e.g., classroom, e-learning, and social networking tools), that address organizational needs and enable successful achievement of a world class onboarding program for Intercom
- Lead in on the ongoing design, build, iteration and implementation of company onboarding across all orgs and all Intercom locations
- Lead delivery for new hire onboarding in North America (SF & CHI offices)
- Nurture onboarding partner delivery relationships across all locations
- Oversee established processes and structures for each phase of the onboarding experience and for each level of new hire - IC, Manager and Leader
- Own and drive continuous improvement around the 0-18month manager curriculum. This includes;
- Delivery of core programs (Manager Onboarding, Newly Promoted Manager, Managing @ Intercom 1, Manager Core Skills)
- Ongoing iteration and improvement of learning experience design
- Vendor management (small group of external delivery group)
- Own key responsibility areas in the company training plan including supporting the development and delivery of the quarterly learning calendar, delivery of key IC skills learning sessions and evaluation and function reporting
What skills do I need?
- You are experienced at each stage of the learning development process - diagnostic, design, delivery and evaluation
- You have experience facilitating management development experiences with junior to mid level managers
- You’ve established core program management skills - including project management, planning, organizational and time management skills. You will have the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment, and exceptional independent problem-solving skills
- You have strong partnering skills and can have experience building impactful relationships with key stakeholders - demonstrating an ability to listen, understand and interpret their needs, experience delivering solutions to address these
- You have high attention to detail & quality
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about personal development, training, learning and seeing individuals develop to their fullest potential
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, in small and large settings, on a variety of professional development content areas
- Understand how projects support training and business goals, ensuring that initiatives align with the learning vision, strategy, and implementation requirements to drive results in a performance-based learning culture
- Have a growth mindset to help enhance our culture
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.