- Date Posted
- Sep. 27, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
A chance to lead Intercom’s first online customer community forum for support contact deflection, peer-to-peer engagement, troubleshooting, and learning.
The Community Manager will help grow and evolve the community forum (Interconnected) to enable product success for customers in partnership with Customer Support and Marketing leadership.
If you’re an experienced community leader who delights in the details of community configuration and content moderation, we’d love to talk to you.
What will I be doing?
- Design and execute the roadmap for community forum growth, success and evolution
- Work in partnership with our Customer Support Operations Team to drive both the Community Forum and other initiatives promoting Self Serve support
- Report on the community’s performance against established KPIs and drive initiatives to improve them
- Collaborate with the Customer Advocacy Manager and Customer Engagement team to create strategies that keep the community engaged and growing
- Collaborate extensively with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, and departments such as Customer Support, Sales, Marketing and R&D
- Oversee technical, integration, and system administration aspects of the community
What skills do I need?
- 5 years + experience in a Customer Support organisation, preferably in B2B SaaS
- 2 years + experience building or growing online communities, forum moderation, customer advocacy and program management
- Strong customer facing communication skills
- Analytically minded, with experience leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly cross functional, fast paced environment, dealing with ambiguity and being a self starter
- Familiarity with the administrative and technical aspects of community platforms (Salesforce Experience Cloud a plus)
Bonus skills & attributes
- Understanding of UX design
- Active member of an online community
- Knowledge of Intercom’s product suite
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.