- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
At Intercom, the product marketing team plays a key role in bringing our products to market - all the way from when we’re deciding what to build, to launching to market and driving adoption and retention. Our team mission is to bring to life the voice of the market internally and the voice of the product externally, so new and existing customers can discover, adopt, and get value from Intercom.
In this role, you will lead and continue to build this newly established group in developing and executing on a sales enablement strategy. You’ll manage a team in identifying the needs of sales across the sales funnel, develop a prioritized sales enablement roadmap and create and manage the tools and processes around delivering and reporting on impact. You will collaborate closely with Sales, Marketing, Sales Enablement and Product leaders to help build a best-in-class sales enablement program to support our growing sales team.
What will I be doing?
- Lead, motivate and mentor thes sales enablement product marketing team ensuring they are set up to succeed and are successful in their roles.
- Oversee the implementation of our content management system along with long-term processes to support its use.
- Creation of quarterly sales enablement roadmaps based qualitative and quantitative data.
- Partner closely with marketing, sales and product leadership to form bi-lateral forums to align on highest impact problems to be solved.
- Drive verticalized sales and marketing initiatives to support highly targeted outbound sales campaigns.
- Build a competitive intelligence program that will equip the sales force with the right content at the right stages across the sales funnel.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to deliver, communicate and measure the impact of all deliverables - and iterate.
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years of experience in a product marketing, sales, sales enablement or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Bonus points for experience in B2B SaaS, Enterprise software and/or platforms
- 1+ years people management experience, including experience with hiring and career coaching
- Successful track record of collaborating with and influencing stakeholders at all levels in marketing, product and sales
- Ability to think strategically and define a vision and goals for your team in alignment with business goals
- Strong knowledge of a typical sales funnel and motions at B2B SaaS organizations
- Experience working with distributed, regionalized sales organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, customer-focused and data-driven
- A growth mindset and a passion for helping teams and individuals grow
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.