- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Aug. 30, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
At Intercom, the product marketing team plays a key role in bringing our products to market - all the way from when we’re deciding what to build, to launching to market and driving adoption and retention. Our team mission is to bring to life the voice of the market internally and the voice of the product externally, so new and existing customers can discover, adopt, and get value from Intercom.
In this role, you’ll be leading the Platform PMM group - responsible for driving growth, adoption and retention of Intercom’s platform features. Intercom’s platform is a key differentiator and an increasingly important part of our product strategy as we grow. As the leader of the platform PMM group, you’ll develop a deep understanding of our target customer segments and competitive landscape, and use those insights to partner closely with our platform product teams to influence our product strategy and roadmap, develop effective positioning and messaging and launch new features. This role is a great opportunity to manage and build out a small team, whilst still getting involved in hands-on product marketing work.
What will I be doing?
- Lead and build the Platform PMM group - initially managing 1 direct report, with a view to growing the team over time
- You and your group will drive product marketing and the go-to-market strategy for Intercom’s platform features, which includes the data platform, apps, reporting and workspace management
- Become an expert on Intercom’s platform, developing a deep understanding of our target customer segments, products and competitors
- Develop product positioning and messaging for Intercom’s platform as a whole, and individual platform features
- Partner with and enable the wider PMM team to ensure we’re showcasing the benefits of our platform in messaging for each of our solutions and products
- Work closely with marketing and sales to launch new features and products to both new and existing customers
- Partner directly with the Group Product Manager for Platform and the wider Platform product teams to influence the product roadmap, based on market demand, competitor intelligence and customer insights
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years of experience in a product marketing or similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Bonus points for experience in B2B SaaS, Enterprise software and/or platforms
- 1+ years people management experience, including experience with hiring and career coaching
- Strong product marketing skills, including competitive research, positioning and messaging, and product launches
- Successful track record of collaborating with and influencing stakeholders at all levels in marketing, product and sales
- Ability to think strategically, and define a long-term vision and goals for your team in alignment with business goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious, customer-focused and data-driven
- A growth mindset and a passion for helping teams and individuals grow
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.