- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Demand Generation Manager to join the Acquisition & Growth team (in San Francisco) to play a critical role in achieving Intercom’s mission. In this role, you will develop and scale our top of funnel marketing programs to drive awareness and high quality leads to our SDR and sales teams. Intercom is a fast-paced, results-driven organization that is scaling quickly. This is your opportunity to help build and grow a high-impact function that sits right at the center of our strategy. You will be most successful in this role if you have the passion and grit to stand up brand new programs together with a working style centered on collaboration and empathy. You are detail-oriented, self-motivated, and have a bias for action. This person will be asked to demonstrate leadership, strategic thinking, and executional excellence.
Your background likely includes a variety of marketing and/or growth experience that leaves you hungry for a role that gives you latitude to pave your own path and opportunity to drive an outsized impact within the company. We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of accountability and is excited by the idea of acting both operationally and strategically.
What will I be doing?
- Create and execute quarterly marketing plans for the Enterprise segment to focus on new logo acquisition and pipeline acceleration.
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand generation activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length.
- Analyze marketing generated pipelines and implement action plans to address gaps.
- Develop and execute an Enterprise multi-channel demand generation program for all stages of the funnel that includes generating new leads, nurturing them to generate MQLs, creating bottom-funnel programs to convert MQLs to opportunities.
- Drive the strategy, development, and execution of campaigns in partnership with cross functional marketing and sales partners.
- Understand our target audience and personas, design experiments, develop campaign strategies, and drive execution of campaigns.
Drive awareness with key stakeholders and partner with the sales team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up according to established SLAs. Build a consistent feedback loop and continuously improve and optimize lead management.
- Work cross functionally with sales, marketing, operations and analytics teams to continuously improve campaigns, lead quality, and pipeline.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams, including Channels, Campaigns, Marketing Ops, Brand Studio, and Content teams to create segment optimized campaigns.
Insights and reporting:
Help deliver insightful reporting and analytics that shows how marketing programs impact revenue, define and track key metrics to optimize marketing campaigns, help with dashboards, and deliver ad-hoc analysis as needed.
Generate break-through actionable insights to determine marketing strategy, and to drive significant pipeline performance improvements.
Continually measure, monitor and drive improvement in program approaches; employ industry best practices and look for opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency to fulfill sales & demand gen pipeline generation. Utilizing Marketo, Salesforce, and Clearbit.
Project management and communication:
- Track demand generation goals to increase marketing-sourced revenue, track performance, and proactively identify opportunities for growth.
- Own and drive the calendar of integrated marketing programs and communicate program timing with sales.
What skills do I need?
You have a BA/S degree, 7+ years of professional experience, with 4+ years of demand generation marketing at a high growth SaaS company, preferably marketing to enterprise companies.
Track record of success working with a B2B sales team, deep understanding of the sales cycle, funnel metrics and levers to move the needle on generating qualified leads and accelerating opportunity and pipeline velocity.
- Data-driven leader that has experience developing a KPI framework, optimizing metrics, and tracking performance against growth goals, generate insights and translate it into actionable changes.
- Deep expertise in developing enterprise marketing channels - digital programs, thought leadership, channel partners, website, events, industry partners, and more
- You have a proven track record of scaling campaigns, impact to the business, and hitting growth and ROI targets.
- Proficiency in marketing automation systems (Marketo) and ability to navigate Salesforce to pull reports on specific campaigns and understand status of leads in the funnel.
- You thrive when applying equal parts strategy and execution.
- You are an excellent prioritizer and can successfully juggle multiple projects.
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and can work both autonomously and collaboratively with cross-functional partners.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
Paid Parental Leave Program
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.