- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
At Intercom we firmly believe in the power and importance of creating world-class brand interactions and experiences - big and small - that directly contribute to the success of the business. As the Field Marketing Manager, you’ll be at the heart of our field marketing strategy, connecting Intercom to customers and prospects in a number of regions.
You’ll define a region-specific marketing plan that supports our sales strategy and meticulously plan, promote, and execute dozens of events as well as account-based marketing tactics throughout the world. You’ll ensure that the program is successful and pay close attention to the details and budgets for each event or tactic you execute. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with superb organization, fresh ideas, and a knack for marketing that impacts revenue.
What will I be doing?
- Defining region-specific marketing plans that support our sales strategy
- Organizing and hosting online and in-person events that create net-new sales opportunities, accelerate existing opportunities and deepen our customer relationships
- Manage all aspects of event coordination including: strategy, objectives, materials creation, event messaging/marketing, signage, giveaways, contract negotiation, vendor relations, site selection, registration, agenda scheduling, staffing, on-site production and F&B, & logistics, budget
- Collaborate with regional leadership teams to develop and implement an integrated strategy that combines email marketing, paid media, direct mail, and other field marketing channels you see fit, such as account-based and product and partner marketing teams
- Research industry events and marketing/campaign opportunities and evaluate sponsorship based on Intercom’s objectives and target audience
- Assist regional sales and partnerships teams by increasing local/regional brand awareness and driving leads and MQLs in the region
- Collaborate with demand generation and marketing operations team to develop metrics to measure the success of all initiatives
- Track results of all national campaign activity and making recommendations for future activity (KPI’s, budgets/financial returns, ROI, planning, sizing)
- Some travel is required
What skills do I need?
- You have 5-7 years of marketing experience at a technology company
- You have experience running partner marketing programs and events
- You have experience implementing integrated campaigns across multiple locations
- You have experience managing budgets and are comfortable with numbers
- You have strong project management and organizational skills, leaving no detail untouched
- You have an understanding of the foundations of marketing and how events can play a critical part in moving the business forward
- Your communication skills are out of this world; you are able to clearly and concisely craft messages to internal and external stakeholders, including presenting to management teams
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and are comfortable managing expectations and keeping teams on track
- Experience working on a large global marketing team across time zones
- Experience working in hyper-growth global SaaS, B2B organizations
- Experience in Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, project management tools
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.