- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
Intercom is looking for a Sr. Manager of Engagement Marketing who can make an immediate impact on our team. In this role, you will combine your current knowledge of email marketing skills and standard methodologies to support our prospect marketing programs, along with outbound marketing experience to manage the creation of prospecting email sequences to be used by the sales organization.
You will execute and scale email campaigns that connect to our prospects at different stages of the Intercom journey and drive engagement, conversion, and expansion. You will have the opportunity to learn from and work with our fellow marketing rockstars, as well as cross-functionally, to build, test and help strategize marketing led email nurtures and outbound sales campaigns that combine to drive calls to action at all stages of the funnel.
What will I be doing?
- Own the Marketo platform
- Own all acquisition nurture drip campaigns
- Own and drive the strategy for Lead, MQL, MQA, and Opportunity conversion through email nurture programs.
- Build/modify HTML templates for email campaigns.
- Create and deploy email campaigns with the required audience segmentation and filters.
- Be a resource for cross functional teams on best practices running email campaigns
- Run and set up email AB tests and holdout groups.
- Work with Marketing Ops to validate prospect segments and filters in Marketo.
- Collaborate with designers when necessary to create new HTML templates.
- Optimize email for driving prospects through the pipeline, focusing on buyer personas.
- Manage the agency currently responsible for program and email creation.
Reporting & Strategy
- Run weekly audit reports to monitor performance of primary campaigns.
- Report performance of primary campaigns and tests and help drive optimization for each. Evaluate the data and come up with copy/ design iterations that can be tested to continuously improve engagement.
- Work closely with Integrated Marketing and Product Marketing teams to keep content in ongoing campaigns up to date and consistent with our brand, company and products!
- Guide email segmentation, targeting, and lead nurture strategies for our various campaigns that ultimately lead to MQL and closed opportunities.
What skills do I need?
- BA/BS degree in marketing, business, or a related field
- 5-7 years working in engagement or email marketing and 4+ years experience in email marketing, with at least 2 year of management experience
- Deep experience working with Marketo, including certification
- Proficient in HTML
- Analytically minded, comfortable manipulating, visualizing and interpreting data in excel
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail and proactive approach to getting things done
- Copywriting/copy editing skills!
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing and Operations
- Experience with outbound sales email campaigns and platforms, preferably Outreach.
- Experience with designing B2B email nurtures for lead and opportunity conversion
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.