- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Small Business Account Executive, you will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our new business. We’re building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Account Executive team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership.
What will I be doing?
- Evangelize our product by spearheading the growth and adoption of Intercom across our Small Business segment
- Manage the full sales cycle for Intercom’s Small Business customers, from prospecting to close, through a consultative sales approach
- Provide timely and accurate forecasts and clear visibility on revenue performance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our product and processes
- Create your own demonstrations, tailored to client needs
- Engage in team development and mentoring
- Represent the voice of the customer to cross-functional partners, including Marketing and Product
- Contribute to the overall growth of the global Enterprise business, pioneering new best practices and driving projects to up level the team
What skills do I need?
- 1+ years experience in a closing sales role
- Experience in outbound prospecting
- Strong sales instincts and track record hitting and exceeding quota
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable and energized operating and problem-solving in a fast-moving organization, working inbound and outbound opportunities across a range of industries and company sizes
- Ability to close net new business in a competitive landscape
- Exhibits a growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, and ambition
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.