- Date Posted
- Nov. 9, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Mid-Market Account Manager, you will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our existing business. We’re building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Account Management team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership.
What will I be doing?
- Build relationships with Intercom’s Mid Market customers ensuring revenue growth and customer retention
- Work with current customers to understand their business pains, and provide solutions based on our platform to alleviate them
- Develop strategic territory plans outlining opportunities for upsell, cross-sell, expansion to new business units, and achieve business goals
- Develop advanced knowledge of your customers’ businesses and goals while accurately forecasting sales pipeline
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, and Customer Success by providing customer feedback to drive product innovation
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer growth, retention and Intercom product usage growth
- Engage in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years experience in a closing B2B sales role
- 2+ years of SaaS experience selling similar products
- Strong sales instincts and track record hitting and exceeding quota
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Comfortable and energized operating and problem-solving in a fast-moving organization.
- Exhibits a growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, and ambition.
- Ability to build and maintain deep client relationships across levels in complex organizations
- Demonstrable history of leadership, with both immediate and cross-functional teammates
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.