- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
The Intercom Relationship Management team is responsible for managing and growing revenue from our largest and most strategic accounts. This front-line Management role is responsible for hiring, coaching and managing a team of highly skilled Relationship Managers. We are looking for an experienced SaaS sales leader who excels at coaching and development, delivering outstanding client experiences, and creating highly efficient processes that lead to sustained revenue growth. This team has been expanding rapidly and consistently exceeding growth targets, and your expertise and energy will be critical to helping us accelerate this!
What will I be doing?
- Developing, coaching and inspiring a group of experienced Relationship Managers to provide world class service to our customers and grow revenue via cross-sells and up-sells:
- Hiring a talented and diverse team that delivers incredible value to our customers through consultative engagement and selling
- Leading the team to embrace challenges, fulfill their potential, and translating high-level strategy into actionable goals
- Embodying Intercom’s culture and values, and inspiring others to do the same
- Teaching top-notch sales skills and enabling team members to accelerate their careers
- Managing an efficient operationally sound business:
- Working cross-functionally within Intercom to ensure that we deliver best-in-class products and services to our customers
- Innovating on processes and policies to make the team and overall sales org more efficient
- Prioritizing activities that will lead to maximum impact, setting goals and measuring progress towards these activities
- Building a base of long-lasting revenue via relationship building
- Building personal relationships and acting as executive sponsor to the largest clients and deals within the territory
- Recruiting resources to keep customers happy and growing consistently
- Understanding the most common needs of largest customers and articulating clearly to internal stakeholders
- Being a student of the Saas marketplace, understanding the competitive landscape and building personal relationships throughout
What skills do I need?
- 5+ years experience achieving and exceeding individual contributor goals in a revenue owning and closing role
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a team of individual contributors
- Proven experience–and passion for–teaching, developing, and growing the people they work with
- Able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in decision-making
- Proven experience in management practices within a complex and matrixed environment
- Successful track record of designing, implementing, and validating processes and policies
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal)
- Exemplary sales skills and understanding of how to navigate deal cycle within large client organizations
- The ability to handle multiple projects and competing priorities (ability to make trade-offs effectively) and adapt rapidly to a fluid, high-growth environment
- Team player with a strong sense of ownership and “get things done” attitude
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.