- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 18, 2021
- Business Applications
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Manager, Sales Operations, you’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom’s overall business, partner with our Sales leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
In this role, you will lead a team of 2-3 members to help drive the creation and execution of revenue plans, design & maintain core sales processes, and assess key metrics to enhance overall productivity of the Sales organization. You will play an important role in guiding strategic & operational initiatives at regional levels, influence global programs, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way.
We’re looking for a genuine and proactive leader, who is able to embrace ambiguity and approach business problems in a data-driven and structured manner. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and collaborate to create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing?
- Lead a growing team of 2-3 Sales Operations members across a variety of key Sales Operations & Strategy responsibilities
- Partner closely with various levels of Sales leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth (new & existing business) and improve existing sales processes & operations
- Guide regional/segment-level forecasting (reporting, pipeline management, renewals process) for the sales organization
- Collaborate with Sales Systems to drive changes to our sales technology that result in improvements in sales productivity
- Establish strong working relationships with other cross-functional partners (e.g. customer support, marketing and finance) to improve overall operations and how the company goes to market
- Breakdown complex concepts and requests into manageable parts with structured delivery plans
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years experience in Sales Operations; start-up & SaaS experience preferred
- Strong analytical and conceptual problem-solving abilities
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Familiarity and comfort with Q2C process, sales systems/related tools (Salesforce.com), and reporting
- Strong roadmapping and prioritization skills to drive success in running project timelines, communicating across business units and guiding Salesforce solutions
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Experience effectively managing a team of 2-3 individuals
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- Experience with SQL and/or Tableau is a plus
- MBA/MS or equivalent with specialization in operations, finance, mathematics, business or related field of study.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.