- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Sales Development Representative, your role is to lay the foundation for Intercom Sales by engaging with prospects and customers, helping them understand the value of Intercom, and moving them forward in the sales process. As Intercom’s first point of contact, you play a key role in building the Intercom brand, creating a great first impression, and building momentum for not only the sales team, but the company as a whole. We’re in the early days of building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Sales Development team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. We’re looking for people who are excited to work in a fast moving company, make an impact, and rapidly develop their career in sales.
What will I be doing?
- Providing a great experience for Intercom’s prospective customers
- Engaging with potential and current customers to assess mutual fit
- Working closely with Account Executives to build pipeline and drive deals
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of our product and its value to customers
- Demonstrating an ability to attract new customers
- Working with other functions to improve business processes
- Engaging in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need?
- 0-3 years of work experience (Sales and/or SaaS experience is a +)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional listening skills combined with the ability to synthesize information
- Strong organization and time management
- Intellectual curiosity and problem solving
- Collaborative and coachable
- Highly motivated and self-driven
Bonus skills & attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Familiarity with these systems and tools: (SFDC, SalesLoft, Dialpad, Zoominfo)
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.