- Date Posted
- Aug. 10, 2021
- Business Applications
Here at Intercom, we make every day count and we obsess about our customer’s success so much so that these are some of our core values! We are a company on a mission and that mission is to make internet business personal. Whether you’re a part of the Intercom ecosystem, someone who loves technology and shares our values or someone who is looking for a new and exciting challenge. If you think you’d be a great Sales Engineer at Intercom, come and join our team because we go further together - yes, that’s another one of our values!
What’s the opportunity?
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the presales technical discussions with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Intercom. You’ll be an integral part of the Intercom Sales team and a thought leader to our customers helping them transform their customer’s experiences. You will be working with both Pre and Post-Sales Teams to ensure the best possible technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers - a trusted advisor to all. You’ll be collaborating with our Intercomrades to drive onboarding completion, increase user adoption, improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
Truly great Sales Engineers help build the Intercom culture and display a strong desire to help customers see the true value in our solutions by driving positive business outcomes.
What will I be doing?
- To be naturally curious and inquisitive about our customer’s challenges and objectives where you will be researching and questioning in a consultative manner to gather and understand how we can co-create a transformation vision with Intercom
- Help lead the discovery process, work to uncover your customer’s business objectives and current pains
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and Account Managers to solve customer issues and drive deals
- Leading all technical discussions and solutions internally with cross-functional teams when needed and being a single point of contact for all aspects of the deal presales.
- Work in tandem with the Sales team to guide and complete Proof of Concepts to key decision-makers that address clearly their challenges and objectives whilst focused on articulating business value
- Configure the very best demonstrations to align with a prospect’s use case, speaking comfortably to all stakeholders - Administrators/IT, Managers and “C” level executives
- Coach customers on Intercom usage and best practices to help make them into product experts
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
- Always be learning and looking for ways to build your brand inside and outside Intercom
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years of Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Possess positive energy with a passion for problem-solving and bringing your people skills to excite the buyer while presenting remotely or in-person
- Able to think strategically to overcome technical and security roadblocks
- You have a track record for creating innovative ideas to increase customer retention and product adoption
- You have an ability to stay focused under pressure and thrive while working with customers to solve their most challenging issues
- Prioritisation and time-management skills; the ability to organise workload and schedule amid shifting priorities
- Have experience coding/scripting in programming languages is a bonus but SE’s don’t have to be deeply technical but must be very comfortable with our platform and be able to learn it quickly - we help with that!
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of Webhooks
- Experience with Intercom is a plus
- SaaS experience preferred
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.