- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
You’ll have an exciting opportunity to influence the trajectory of Intercom’s overall business, partner with our senior sales, finance, and marketing leaders, and take on an operating role with an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way companies interact with their customers.
As the Sales Operations Analyst - Global Planning & Reporting, you will aid the creation and execution of our global financial planning, forecasting, and reporting activities for the Sales organization, analyze and share insights on key revenue and marketing trends, design and measure metrics to enhance overall productivity, and ultimately help scale our business in an effective way. You will also support our Sales compensation strategy, design, and governance to ensure we have the optimal sales incentives to meet company goals.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker with deep analytical skills, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing?
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Finance, Marketing, and other key teams across the company
- Support annual/quarterly/weekly forecasting and reporting for the sales organization, identifying key changes and trends that will materially impact the company’s growth trajectory
- Support quarter-end reporting and associated narratives (“QBRs”)
- Advise on new business growth strategies and existing business retention & expansion opportunities using models and analytics
- Design, develop & deliver robust and scalable reporting (via Salesforce, Tableau)
- Develop deep understanding of revenue forecasting and reporting systems to drive efficiencies and process improvements
- Lead the design, implementation and administration of incentive compensation plans for the sales force and sales management teams
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years experience in Sales Operations/Analytics role, preferably in SaaS
- Strong financial modeling & analytical skills, and appreciation for solving complex, unstructured problems
- Able to work with a high degree of autonomy, particularly within a global setting
- Strong communication skills, including experience effectively communicating with senior management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/SQL; experience with visualization tools is a nice to have
- Familiarity and comfort with Q2C process, sales systems/related tools (Salesforce.com), and reporting
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Bonus skills & attributes
Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Commuter benefits + 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.