- Date Posted
- Oct. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As part of Intercom’s drive towards IPO we’re growing fast and investing more in our flagship product, the Messenger. The Messenger Group is at the forefront of our mission to make business personal by providing the best Messenger experience for our customers and their end users.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team focused on our Messenger product for mobile platforms. Our mobile SDKs are used by thousands of customers to reach millions of people, and they’re core to our strategy. They bring the power of Intercom’s Messenger, Articles, and outbound messaging capabilities to our customers’ mobile apps. This is an opportunity to help form a brand new mobile team and guide it from a standing start to high performance. You’ll manage a fully autonomous team with iOS and Android specialists in addition to full stack web engineers. You’ll work with a Product Manager and Product Designer on the team to evolve our mobile strategy to deliver as much impact as possible for our customers.
We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, growing revenue 40% year-over-year. Our size and trajectory provide many opportunities to quickly grow your career with the support of experienced engineering leaders in a supportive and inclusive culture.
What is it like to work for Intercom?
Our culture is open, friendly and inclusive — and this is something we are proud of. We are optimistic, passionate and positive. We like people who can stay focused with good work / life balance, and who are kind and humble but will speak their mind. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and focusing on the problem. We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow, and we take bets on helping people unlock the next step in their career. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run less software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology in a pragmatic way.
What will I be doing?
- Partnering with engineering, product, and design leaders to shape team direction and strategy.
- Supporting and driving this strategy to clear impact with the help of your team.
- Enabling your team to achieve high levels of productivity, performance and reliability.
- Teaching, mentoring, coaching and being a role model for engineers and other engineering managers.
- Creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture focused on fast, focused, high impact execution.
- Helping to shape and evolve our engineering culture by contributing to our engineering organization programs.
What skills do I need?
- An ability to lead Engineering teams that deliver impact quickly.
- Experience developing and supporting a team of engineers in their personal growth and career progression.
- A technical understanding of mobile platforms, the unique opportunities and challenges that come with shipping and maintaining mobile products.
- Experience in shipping/delivering mobile SDKs is a bonus.
- Passionate about recruiting, hiring and growing our mobile teams.
- A track record of partnering with product and design leadership to deliver great outcomes.
- Demonstrated impact in a similar technical leadership role.
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
How will I be supported?
- You will buddy with another Dublin based manager with experience on Mobile, who will help you to onboard and get up to speed quickly.
- You will have a close group of management peers to collaborate with and learn from.
- We invest heavily in our Managers, supporting individual career development through training and coaching.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- We pay competitive Dublin market rates in cash compensation and reward high performance
- We grant stock options so our people can share in our success
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- We offer a genuinely open vacation policy - most of our folks take 30 days of paid time off every year
- We pride ourselves on an open, friendly collaborative and diverse office environment
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Whether our customers want to encourage their customers to self serve with articles, automate with bots or target chat to specific segments, Intercom is customer messaging that fits their business. Intercom is also the best team inbox for sales and support, and the leading choice for targeted outbound messages that deliver. Valued at over $1bn, Intercom has been ranked among the best on the Crunchbase unicorn leaderboard since 2018. In our 10 year history, we’ve built world class sales, marketing and R&D functions, and published a number of books along the way.