- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As part of Intercom’s drive towards IPO we’re growing fast and expanding our group of product teams dedicated to Support in London. This group is at the centre of our mission to make business personal, by building a differentiated, efficient and effective suite of products for large support teams.
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to build a team of 4-6 Engineers that will help Intercom successfully execute it’s support strategy. This is an opportunity to form a brand new team and guide it from a standing start to high performance. You’ll also have an opportunity to help evolve the strategy and roadmaps for your team to deliver as much impact as possible for our customers and for Intercom.
We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, growing revenue 40% year-over-year. Our size and trajectory provide many opportunities to quickly grow your career with the support of experienced engineering leaders in a supportive and inclusive culture.
What is it like to work for Intercom?
Our culture is open, friendly and inclusive — and this is something we are proud of. We are optimistic, passionate and positive. We like people who can stay focused with good work / life balance, and who are kind and humble but will speak their mind. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and focusing on the problem. We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow, and we take bets on helping people unlock the next step in their career. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run less software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology in a pragmatic way.
What will I be doing?
- Partnering with engineering, product, and design leaders to shape team direction and strategy.
- Supporting and driving this strategy to clear impact with the help of your team.
- Enabling your team to achieve high levels of productivity, performance and reliability.
- Teaching, mentoring, coaching and being a role model for engineers and other engineering managers.
- Creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture focused on fast, focused, high impact execution.
- Helping to shape and evolve our engineering culture by contributing to our engineering organization programs.
What skills do I need?
- An ability to lead Engineering teams that deliver impact quickly.
- Experience developing and supporting a team of engineers in their personal growth and career progression.
- A track record of partnering with product and design leadership to deliver great outcomes.
- Demonstrated impact in a similar technical leadership role.
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
How will I be supported?
- You will buddy with another London based manager who will help you to onboard and get up to speed quickly.
- You will have a close group of management peers to collaborate with and learn from.
- We invest heavily in our Managers, supporting individual career development through training and coaching.
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- We pay competitive London market rates in cash compensation and reward high performance
- Our current focus is profitability and we grant stock options so our people can share in our success when we get there
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- We offer a genuinely open vacation policy - most of our folks take 30 days of paid time off every year
- We pride ourselves on an open, friendly collaborative and diverse office environment
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Whether our customers want to encourage their customers to self serve with articles, automate with bots or target chat to specific segments Intercom is customer messaging that fits their business. Intercom is also the best team inbox for sales and support AND the leading choice for targeted outbound messages that deliver. Valued at over $1bn, Intercom has been ranked among the best on the Crunchbase unicorn leaderboard since 2018. In our 8 year history, we’ve built world class sales, marketing and R&D functions, and published a number of books along the way.