- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As a product engineer, you’ll be taking ownership of real customer problems by building smart, efficient solutions to both back-end and front-end systems. There are projects for you to own in multiple areas, such as our messenger, bots, rule matching, deliverability, security, app availability, machine learning, and more.
We’re one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, growing revenue 40% year-over-year. Our size and trajectory provide many opportunities to quickly grow your engineering career. You’ll make an impact right away, shipping a change to production on your first day and a feature change your first week.
At Intercom, we’re committed to our inclusive and supportive workplace culture. That means you always have a voice at the table to impact the product roadmap, and there are always people to help you advance to the next level.
If you’re interested in an engineering career at Intercom, apply today.
What will I be doing?
As an experienced engineer you will:
- Developing technical plans and contributing to our technical architecture in order to scale our products to serve tens of millions of people every day
- Writing Ruby code that forms the core of Intercom’s backend
- Knitting together AWS, infrastructure, platform, and SaaS technologies
- Owning specific problems and shipping solutions, contributing to the 100 updates deployed on average every weekday
- Growing your team’s capacity by mentoring other engineers and interviewing candidates
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years in a software engineering role with significant impact on a product and/or team, preferably building a SaaS product
- A proven track record delivering value to customers or users
- Deep knowledge of a high-level programming language, such as Ruby, Python, Perl, etc. (If you don’t know a language we use, that’s okay! We think great people can learn quickly or introduce us to better ways of working.)
- Experience collaborating directly with cross-disciplinary product teams and designers
What happens when I apply?
First, we’ll review your CV. If you have the right experience, we’ll send you a take-home test to work on in your own time. You can find more details on the test here.
Then, if we think you might make a good team member, we’ll schedule a phone interview with one of our engineers to get to know you better and answer your questions. The final step is a virtual onsite interview.
We’re committed to making sure our employees are a well-treated bunch—with amazing benefits. If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us!
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Regular compensation reviews to ensure we’re properly rewarding great work
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents, including life assurance
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks leave for non-birth parents
- A MacBook, but we’re happy to get whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We want to continue to attract and retain an inclusive, diverse workforce. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.