- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
This position offers the opportunity to join an exciting and fast growing company that aims to fundamentally change the way that companies interact with their customers. As Direct of Customer Support Operations you will build and lead a team in optimizing the customer experience while driving operational excellence and maximizing organizational effectiveness. This person will be responsible for performing data analysis, providing actionable insights and delivering strategic recommendations to the leadership team in an effort to execute on achieving their goals.
What will I be doing?
- Develop and execute support operations strategy, metrics, roadmap, workstreams, and operating procedures to ensure a seamless, scaled and world-class experience for internal teams and customers.
- Drive improvements in efficiency, quality, response times and satisfaction across the Customer Support team.
- Strategize, architect, and oversee all Customer Support datasets, metrics, and reporting needs for ongoing visibility into performance.
- Oversee the Customer Support tech stack and tooling -- including partnering with Product Engineering on our own Intercom workspace and setup.
- Manage a fast-paced queue of support operations requests, prioritize requests according to business impact, and deliver deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Build and manage a high performing operations team, aligned with CS and Intercom values.
What skills do I need?
- 8+ years working in a Customer Support organization, specifically within a SaaS company.
- 10+ years of hands-on project/program management experience implementing and managing support software technologies (e.g. Intercom, CRM, help centers and self-serve software, workforce management, etc.) and managing these initiatives from start to finish.
- 6+ years of experience managing a team with a proven track record of scaling teams and processes.
- Ability to think systematically in order to drive efficiencies and streamline operations.
- Exceptionally results oriented mindset; analytical and methodical approach to identifying challenges and measuring impact and strong ownership in tracking metrics and outcomes.
- Strong critical reasoning skills, including understanding of common pitfalls of data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication; skilled with communication at all levels and can communicate complex topics with simple language.
- Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- Eager and motivated to be hands-on with the Ops team, tackling projects and largely involved in day to day operations.
Bonus skills & attributes
- Excellent SQL skills for querying, fluency with BI/visualization tools for reporting, and expert knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Tableau Server and Desktop
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.