- Date Posted
- May. 26, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Mid-Market Relationship Manager, you will be a key member of the team leading the growth of our existing business. We’re building a world-class sales organization, and the road ahead is going to be very exciting.
At Intercom, we are striving to do sales differently. We are asking our customers to put Intercom at the core of their businesses, and we can only do this by putting them at the core of ours. We strongly believe in the overall growth and continued development of each new hire. In joining the Relationship Management team at Intercom, you join a community that believes in development and promotion from within. As a rapidly expanding business, there is a high degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership.
What will I be doing?
- Build relationships with Intercom’s Mid Market customers ensuring revenue growth and customer retention
- Work with current customers to understand their business pains, and provide solutions based on our platform to alleviate them
- Develop strategic territory plans outlining opportunities for upsell, cross-sell, expansion to new business units, and achieve business goals
- Develop advanced knowledge of your customers’ businesses and goals while accurately forecasting sales pipeline
- Collaborate with Marketing, Product, and Customer Success by providing customer feedback to drive product innovation
- Track and report all key metrics related to customer growth, retention and Intercom product usage growth
- Engage in team development and mentoring
What skills do I need?
- 4+ years experience in a closing B2B sales role
- 2+ years of SaaS experience selling similar products
- Strong sales instincts and track record hitting and exceeding quota
- Exceptional written and verbal communicator.
- Comfortable and energized operating and problem-solving in a fast-moving organization.
- Exhibits a growth mindset, intellectual curiosity, and ambition.
- Ability to build and maintain deep client relationships across levels in complex organizations
- Demonstrable history of leadership, with both immediate and cross-functional teammates
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Healthcare stipend towards private health insurance for you and your partner/spouse
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organization. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.