- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Oct. 12, 2021
- Design & UI
- Business Applications
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute, and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility. We are an integrated, cross-channel solution—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We’ve raised a $60M Series D from top-tier investors like Index Ventures and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past three years and we have also made Best Places to Work - Denver for 2020. In addition, Wealthfront listed us on their 2020 Career Launching Companies List and we’ve earned ourselves a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100. We have a nationwide presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, plus our first international office in London. Our values are Trust, Growth Mindset, Humility, and Balance, and you can learn more about how we live our values as we scale on Our Culture page or more about our history on our About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
One of our core values is growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
- Iterable’s online training Academy was launched in October 2020. The Iterable Instructional Designer in Professional Services will help design/build customer education via e-learning modules using Camtasia, Articulate Rise 360 and (if needed) Articulate Storyline, for the SkillJar learning management platform. They will also create courses post-live training event sessions that encapsulate the content from the live training, including the curated video from the event with activities for customers to follow.
- This role reports to the Manager of Education Services, and must be very hands-on and focused on becoming a product expert, building & updating training, and expanding & improving our online Academy offerings.
- This is a strategic role and the candidate chosen should be willing and able to not only build e-learning with the help of the other team members, but also work on new and dynamic projects outside their immediate scope of work.
- We are looking for someone that can operate both independently and as an active team member, and is able to lead projects and bring new project ideas to the team, related to content creation.
- The main Key Results (KR) of the Instructional Designer is customer satisfaction as it pertains to courses created, as well as any overarching team OKRs and company initiatives like Academy CSAT, course completion levels, etc.
- We are a fast growing company and our customer, partner and employee education needs to keep pace with company growth so we can scale effectively. You, the Instructional Designer, will play a key role in this progress as our team grows in the next year!
About The Education Services Team (ES):
- Our core purpose: Empower our customers with education that inspires and delights them
- Our team is made up of an Instructional Designer, Platform Education Specialist and Manager of ES: small but mighty, and growing!
- Our OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) are customer satisfaction, adoption of Academy, course completion rate, live training attendance and individual quarter to quarter metrics based on needs of the organization.
- We embody Iterable’s values of Humility, Trust, Growth Mindset, and Balance
- Our service principles are to be Consultative, Accurate, Resourceful, Great Project Managers, Proactive, Responsive, and Kind
Immediate tactical areas of focus will include:
- Develop and continually hone expertise in our platform and 3rd party integrations
- Update and maintain existing Academy content with platform optimizations and UI / branding changes
- Create brand new content for the Academy based on the needs of our customers and program direction
- Work with PS and CS teams to continually integrate more and better education content across the customer journey in order to automate onboarding and scale the CS Organization
- Identify and iterate on non-product training content focused on enabling growth marketers to succeed (strategy, operations, process, change management, etc.)
- Identify industry events to attend and learn about trends and innovation in Education Services and Instructional Design (virtual until business travel is permitted again)
- Develop videos in Camtasia and create courses using Rise 360 for the SkillJar LMS in adherence to the Education Content Roadmap and collaborate with the Manager of Education Services on course/module layout and quiz creation
Long-term strategic areas of focus will include:
- Cross-functional partnerships: integrate Customer Education across the entire customer lifecycle
- We work with Marketing, CS, PS, and Product and it’s very important that the person hired in this role can create relationships across these various team, for the betterment of their role function and our organization
- Insightful & Actionable Metrics: Be a leading voice along with the Manager of Education Services in building out the customer and partner education offerings as we scale as a company.
- Subscription Model Definition: offerings, public content, customer training, live, virtual, in-person, offerings for partners, train the trainer
- Content Development Trends and Strategy: best practices in content development, mobile, 3rd party distribution (e.g., LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, etc.)
- Certification Program: Helping the team to develop certification for customers & partners - leverage certification data for best practices, assessment writing, forecast retention
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience in instructional design in the SaaS industry
- Experience in training development (online and live)
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage several important projects at one time
- Passionate about working with customers and educating others
- Experience using Camtasia, SnagIt, Articulate Rise 360, and SkillJar LMS
- Possesses humility, integrity and growth mindset
- A love for tech and how it can help people
- Experience with email marketing, push or SMS software
- LMS administration (experience building course content within a learning management system)
- HTML or other technical coding experience
- Articulate Storyline experience
- Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
- We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we’ve moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
- For Colorado-based employment: The minimum base salary for this position is $105,000/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included
- Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- PLEASE NOTE: This role requires applicants to be located in the Central, Mountain (ideal) or Pacific time zones.